The Happy Endings Mission:
As a no kill cat shelter, our mission is to promote the humane and ethical treatment of abandoned, unwanted, and abused cats through active implementation of the mission and community education. Our specific focus is on promoting the health, rehabilitation and placement of cats into forever loving homes and providing educational outreach within our community.
Our adoptable furballs can be seen at our shelter at 5349 W. Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI or at any of the locations listed below:
4950 S 76th St, Greenfield
3870 N. 124th St, Wauwatosa
Eden Garden & Pet
1439 S 70th St, West Allis
We currently place an average of 200 cats per year and all adult cats are spayed or neutered before being adopted. All potential adopters must fill out an application and go through an interview process. Adoption facilitators walk potential adopters through the shelter and help them find a cat that will touch their heart and fill an empty space in their home and life.
Many of our cats are strays or have been mistreated during their lives. Some are quite shy and considered “unadoptable” by other shelters. At Happy Endings, volunteers work with these cats daily to build a trust of people and offer a secure environment until they are ready to be adopted.
- Every month our cats eat over 300 lbs of dry food, 300 cans of canned food & 120 lbs of special diet food.
- Over 800 lbs of litter is used every week.
- Cats who are not adopted are either fostered by our volunteers or become residents at Happy Endings until the right home comes along. Adopters sometimes overlook felines with special needs (handicapped, physical imperfection or behavioral problems); Happy Endings will always offer these cats a loving home.
- We have great success in finding homes for FIV and Feline Leukemia cats that would not have had a chance in many other shelters.
- Happy Endings is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization funded only by donations, merchandise sales and adoption fees. All donations are tax deductable.
* Happy Endings reserves the right to refuse the adoption of any cat.