Preparing for your new arrival is an exciting time!
Before you bring your new kitty home, take a look around your home and make sure that there are no obvious hazards – poisonous plants, home décor that could break, etc. The younger the cat, the more mischief!
Here’s a list of a few items you’ll want to have on hand when your new arrival comes home:
- A carrying crate – for your vet and other visits outside of your home
- A mat, blanket or pillow for inside their crate
- ID tag – a lot of people forget about this!
- A comfortable bed for your cat to rest on when tired
- Litter box and cat litter
- Food and water dishes
- Cat food and treats
- Cat food containers – Helps keep food fresh and airtight
- Premium cat treats
- Cat toys to help keep your cat occupied and out of trouble!
- Pet First Aid Kit
- All paperwork from Happy Endings including medical and vaccination records